What does Chinmaya Devotee Society teach?
Chinmaya Devotee Society follows the Vedic teacher-student tradition (guru-shishya parampara) and makes available the ageless wisdom of Advaita Vedanta, the knowledge of universal oneness, providing the tools to realize the wisdom in one’s life. Vedanta is the universal science of life, relevant to all people of all backgrounds and faiths. As a spiritual movement that aims for inner growth at individual and collective levels, the mission offers a wide array of Vedanta study forums for all ages. To date, millions worldwide have benefitted directly or indirectly from Chinmaya Mission’s numerous centres, ashrams, classes, events, services and projects.
- Chinmaya Bala Vihars (Value education classes for children)
- Chinmaya Yuva Kendras – CHYK (Vedanta forums for youth)
- Chinmaya Study Groups (Vedanta forums for adults) & Devi Groups (Vedanta forums for housewives)
- Jnana Yajnas (Vedanta lecture series, seminars, workshops) and Spiritual Retreats and Camps (for all ages)
- Chinmaya Swaranjali (Musical wing of Chinmaya Mission)
- Chinmaya Vanaprastha Sansthan (Vedanta forums for senior citizens)
- Intensive Vedanta Courses (two year residential course on Vedanta)
- Youth Empowerment Programme – YEP (a one year course of Vedanta study & service)
- Dharma Sevak Courses (two week course on the fundamentals of Vedanta)
- Vedanta Correspondence Courses (postal or e-mail)
- Veda Vidya Peetha (two year course on how to conduct rituals)
- Chinmaya Organisation for Rural Development (CORD)
- Chinmaya Vibhooti (Chinmaya Mission’s Vision Centre)
- Chinmaya Naada Bindu (school of Indian classical music and dance)
Resources & Institutes
Upcoming EventsHere is a list of our upcoming events. You can view the full list by clicking here.
Phone: +6012-588 0228